Thursday, April 19, 2007

Why do I like diving?


There are many things a person can do. Play an instrument,walk mountains, ride a bicycle....
But I choose diving, why?

If I'm honest I don't know...


It was a case that I needed some sort of distraction when building the house for my family.
I'm a person used to do lot of things myself, so I was all the time around the growing building.

One day I spoke with one of my friends who invited me to a course they were organizing at the DPD Soča diving club. I joined the course, passed exam and did some dives around Piran.

Years passing I became fascinated with the silence under water. The physics of gasses became one of my primary interests so I started to participate in diving forums. There I meet divers from around the world and learned a lot from them. Reading things about caves, wracks and mixed gas diving I became interested in decompression modeling. In the mean time I participated in Technical diving courses like IANTD Nitrox and Advanced Nitrox diver course,
ANDI Extended range and Trimix diver course. And finally two years ago started with cave oriented courses with the NACD cavern diver course.

The thing I like most about diving is .... when I'm down there, I hear just my breath, the sound of bubbles rising to the surface ..... see sea life around ..... slow movements .....
I can see places and creatures just few people can see, exploring unseen places ... like caves ...
It is fascinating to see Proteus in our Karst caves ......

So, this being my primary hobby and point of interest, I will try to write here about diving, physics of diving and diving equipment. I hope I can manage to post here reports about my diving projects to.

Soooooo..... if there is any question anyone has ..... just post it here and I will do my best to get answers to you.....

2 comments:

SueAnn said...

I understand you...

It may seem strange to you (or even not – you should know that by now ;)). I’ve built few walls (& put stuff for water and electricity in it), repaired the roof... made my own furniture... and many other unusual things... (I liked it besides the fact that I somehow had to do it.)

I like company, talking, dancing, live music... but I also adore silence under water, I feel happy if I get the opportunity to climb up a high tower... although there is no special reason for doing it... Who knows? Maybe some day I’ll even start learning to play a guitar...

Make your day! :)

Igor P said...

Who knows, mabe someday you can came to learn diving in my diving school ...