Monday, April 16, 2007

About me

Hi everyone!

I'm Slovenian, 43 years old, studying informatics ....interested in diving....
I'm a technical diver especially interested in decompression modeling and diving related software design.
I dive wracks, caves ...anywhere possible..... And no I'm not a fanatic.
Last September I joined vocational college for informatics at TSC. The reason was simple, not knowing enough about programming, I wanted to learn basic principles that are used by professionals.
In my past I wrote some programs used by divers around the world. Those are just small tools which can help in limited way. At the same time I helped other programmers beta-test two most known deco-planning programs GAP-Lite and V-Planner.
Now I decided to develop a deco-planning tool using the most advanced decompression models known until today myself and incorporate all knowledge on diving I accumulated during past years. In the same time I'm working on implementation of one of the decompression algorithms in wrist mounted computer, which should do live calculations of tissue status and deco-stops needed to safely return to surface.
I hope I will reach my goal and successfully release the program in two years. This meas finished tools, tested till the level that no significant mistakes are produced. Safe enough for me to use and remain alive.

Igor P

2 comments:

Saša said...

Dear Igor,
I like your blog. You've picked a template which beautifully evokes an underwater feeling and clearly reflects your passion. I can almost hear divers' breathing and air bubbles rising to surface. I also enjoyed watching the videos. Thanks for sharing.

SueAnn said...

:))) Well... (Wait – I have to take a breath.)

There sure is a lot to see, hear and read... I could spend here all day and wonder... but I’d rather go down there and try a little bit of this submarine world...

Unfortunately, according to my circumstances, such things will have to wait.

But I never say never ;)))